Research Works and Activities
- Wang, B., Xi, Y., Wang X-F, and Chen, T. (2013). A profile test for microarray data analysis -- with an application to CGH data analysis. 20th Annual USA Faculty Development Forum, Mar 19-22, 2013, Mobile, AL
- Wang, B., Xi, Y., Wang X-F, and Chen, T. (2013).
A profile test for microRNA microarray data analysis,
ENAR 2013, Mar 10-13, 2013, Orlando, FL.
- Zayek, M., Maertens, P., Wang, B. & Eyal, F. (2010). Normative values for different brain structures in newborns. Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting. May 1-4, 2010. Vancouver, Canada.
- Wang, B., Howell, P., Wang, X., Qian, X. Huang, K., Riker, A., Ju, J. and Xi, Y. (2010). A novel logistic regression model for microRNA microarray normalization. The 101st Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research. April 17-21, 2010. Washington DC, USA.
- "Rare Event Estimation In The Presence of Biased Sampling", 2008 Alabama EPSCoR Annual Conference and Stakeholder Symposiumi: July 22-24, 2008, Montgomery, AL.
- "Estimation of Rare Events Under Selection Bias", A Conference on Nonparametric Inference and Probability with Applications to Science, September 24-25, 2005, Department of Statistics, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- "Density Estimation from Biased Data with Unknown Biasing Function and Memory Effect", Workshop on Developments and Challenges in Mixture Models, Bump Hunting and Measurement Error Models, June 2 to 4, 2002, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Yevtushok, L., Zymak-Zakutnia, N., Lapchenko, S., Wang, B., Z. Sosyniuk, H. H. Hobbart, and W. Wertelecki. Persisting patterns of elevated congenital malformations in a Chornobyl impacted region of Ukraine'', The Medical and Ecological Consequences of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident (Symposium at the New York Academy of Medicine, March 11-12, 2013).
- "An algorithm to compute the GLD P.D.F. and C.D.F.", by Jeffrey Boone, 2007 Florida Chapter of the ASA Annual Meeting: In honor of Dr. Morris Marx 70th birthday, Feb 23-24, 2007, The University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL.
- "Sieve Estimates for Survival Data under Biased Sampling", by Dr. Sun as an invited talk, International Conference on: Statistics in Health Sciences, June 23-25, 2004, Nantes, France.
- "Cancer Risks of Vietnamese Americans in South Alabama", by Yu Xu, The University of South Alabama's 11th Annual Research Forum, 2004, Mobile, AL.
- "Estimation Problems from Biased Sampling: with unknown biasing function and memory effect", by Dr. Jiayang Sun as an invited talk, International Conference on: Current Advances and Trends in Non-parametric Statistics, July 18, 2002, Crete, Greece.
Workshops Attended (No Presentation)
- "NSF Regional Workshop", June 12-13, 2008, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL.
- "Promotion and Tenure Review Workshop", April 14, 2008, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL.
- "ASA-NISS Technical Writing Workshop for New Researchers", July 29, 2007, Salt Lake City, UT.
- "Using a Web Based Course Management System For Online Course Development Faculty Thursday Workshop", April 26, 2007, University of South Alabama, AL.
- "Conference on Statistical Methods in Epidemiology and Observational Studies: In honor of Norman E. Breslow", August 4, 2006, Seattle, WA.
- "University of Florida Seventh Annual Winter Workshop on Longitudinal Data Analysis", Jan 6 - 8, 2005, Gainesville, FL.
- "Statistical Analysis of Neuronal Data", May 21 - 22, 2004, Pittsburgh, PA. (supported conference participant)